Thursday, April 7, 2011

Heart Attack version 2.0

So, about half an hour ago, I was doing some much needed damage control to the piles of clothes growing in both my room and Auri's room, while Auri happily and quietly hung out in the book corner, sorting through and 'reading' her books to herself.



A little while later, I noticed that she was being *very* quiet. In fact, it was so quiet, the windchimes outside sounded much louder than usual. At that point, I put two and two together, panicked, and ran out into the hallway to see the front door wide open and Auri nowhere to be seen. I sprinted outside, and found Auri had dragged her blankie outside, and was playing in our driveway between the two cars parked there.  I scooped her up, and she's now playing on the floor right in front of me, with both the front and back door locked tightly.

We have a problem with our front door. When it's humid, it sometimes doesn't latch all the way if you don't slam it, and when it's windy, the wind blows the unlatched door open. Today, is it humid, and windy, and that's how my baby escaped. You hear those stories of people finding babies just hanging out in the middle of the street, and think "How could their parents have let that happen?" I was right there with you, but then I became one of those parents. I can now say, it's pretty easy for that to happen, really quickly. I will definitely be more alert when she gets too quiet.

In other, less heart-stopping news, we signed a lease for our new house in August! It's a big 3/2 off of Deacon, in a more family neighborhood than we're in right now. It's got a huge backyard, and a 2 car garage. Unfortunately, Jason wasn't able to see it with me, so he doesn't actually know what our new house looks like on the inside. The reason is: When I went to view it with the Realtor, she was showing it to two other groups of people that also seemed interested, so I snatched up an application, and turned it in about two hours later. While we were there filling out more paperwork, our agent answered the phone, and was like "No I'm sorry, that property is no longer available as of now". So, we were cutting it close, but I beat them to the finish line. Ha! So looking forward to our new home :)

Google street view of our new house

Satellite view of house

No comments:

Post a Comment