Friday, April 29, 2011

Rantings from a sleepy brain

I hate coming up with a title for each of my blog posts. Especially if I don't have a specific topic. Also, it's hard to coming up with good ideas after three glasses of wine. I think the really good ideas start flowing at around four glasses, but since I want to be semi-lucid tomorrow, I'll just settle with bad ideas.

Jason's off riding his bike in Dallas somewhere. I don't really know anything about it except that I'm at home watching the baby and three dogs. The day time is hard, but it's actually kind of nice at night. When he's here, I have to stop at one glass of wine, because I get "too sleepy" with more than that. So what! I'm going to bed at ten, and I will get 9 hours of sleep, and it will be amazing. All that being said, it is rather quiet, and I've triple checked to make sure the doors are deadbolted. I might let Otter sleep in the living room by the front door instead of locking her in her crate tonight.

We had a great time over Easter. Auri had fun hunting her 5 eggs (that was all her attention span allowed for). Other than her busting my lip with a rocking chair, which resulted in a huge, yet-to-heal ulcer on the inside of my mouth, we had a lot of fun.





In two weeks, we'll be on an airplane, desperate to get off (or dreaming peacefully on sleeping pills). I've been printing out documents, organizing our schedule, and trying to figure out exactly *what* we're going to do once we actually get there. So far, no real plans. We have luggage now, and money pouches, and electrical outlet adapters, so I think we're logistically set for travel! Very excited :)



I still plan to go on my morning run, which I've been very good about. Auri and Otter both enjoy it, and I'm already seeing results. Just wait until the temperature gets above 85 in the morning, and I'm sure it will taper off quickly.

11 minutes until bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment